Friday, June 1, 2012

7 Quick Takes

1)  This first week of summer has been quite fun with my kiddos.  We've played games, gone on a nature walk, built forts, and today we're headed to the zoo.
2) John Paul and Penelope begged to sleep in the fort last night.  How could I possibly refuse?! Indoor camping :)
3) Swinging, gotta love it

4) I've got the kids so completely excited about and hooked on their quiet time boxes.  I'm in heaven watching them quietly engaged and working on their activities and enjoying a special snack. 
5) Since they don't nap anymore, but I need just a bit of down time (and they really like the chill time) we break out the QT boxes for about 45 minutes each day after lunch.  The boxes have a variety of items to work/play with quietly.  They also include some school review type things and a book. (More about what's in these next week.)
6) If you've got non-nappers who are go go go all day, I highly recommend QT boxes. 
7) Can't wait to make this  Pasta with Cilantro Peanut Pesto












No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails