Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Studying and Discerning

This whole being a student thing is taking quite a bit of time and energy...and I LOVE it!  Okay, so I'm only about a week in to it and I'm currently only taking one class, but, wow, I'm really enjoying it.  And, well, I'm excited to get it all done too.  I can't say being a dietitian has been a life long dream, but it has become a dream and a goal.  I don't plan on being any run-a-the-mill dietitian who doesn't listen like the one we had to see last summer for John Paul.  I want to help teach people how to improve their lives via their diet and food choices.  Yep, that's a fairly general statement!  I'm still trying to discern the how of what I want to do.  Do I go for pediatrics, parents, families, type 2 diabetes, allergies? Do I want to be part of the hospital system, in an office, create my own practice, be a consultant?  I know I'm not cut out for geriatrics, hospital menus and patients, and nursing homes.  I do know that I want to educate people so that they can make healthy choices on their own and for their families. 
Is there anything particular you'd want from a dietitian? Want a dietitian to do?  Particular guidance?

1 comment:

  1. I can see you working with families. With the experiences you've had, you know how to adapt to fit multiple people's needs and still keep everyone fed.

    And my mother-in-law was a dietetics professor before she retired. Her motto, "everything in moderation." She understood that there is a place for everything (as long as it doesn't make you sick), but that we need to train ourselves to limit the bad and fill in the gaps with good stuff.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails