Sunday, June 24, 2012

Weekly Menu

I've missed this weekly menu posting.  Have you?  Well, in the hopes of greater organization and time management, I'm bringing it back :)  Though, for the summer, I'm not sure what day of the week it'll show up.  I have a harder time planning too far ahead because I like to see what all the fresh local foods are at the farmers' markets and Whole Foods.  Those of you who participate in CSA, do you know ahead of time what you'll get?  Do you make a menu after receiving your CSA?
Sunday--leftovers (because it's the hottest day yet this year and I have ZERO desire to cook) and salad
Monday--a spin on this recipe. I'll toss quinoa, ground beef, onion, green chilies, S&P, black beans, cilantro, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, and bell peppers (chopped) all together for what I'll dub Mexican Quinoa Salad
Tuesday--BBQ chicken pizzas--BBQ sauce, grilled chicken, red onions, cheddar cheese, jalapenos.  and a green salad
Wednesday--Prosciutto, Asparagus Pasta--adjusted to be dairy and gluten free. No cream or cheese added, will toss with some meyer lemon olive oil
Thursday--Sausage and Polenta casserole...I made this a few weeks ago and we all loved it!  It's one from the Everyday Food Magazine.
Friday--Grilled Pork chops with garlic honey mustard, Sweet potatoes, and a green salad
Just a note--I made this awesome pizza with our fresh picked blackberries last week when Grammy and Papi were here. You've GOT to try it! I made ours without the chicken and it was still super delicious!
Ugg, I can't figure out why the text is all highlighting. Do you know why???

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails