Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hot Pumpkin Spiced Milk

Oh my, if I end this pregnancy at 200 pounds I know exactly what I will blame it on!  Hot Pumpkin Spiced milk!  Don't judge it as a crazy pregnancy craving just yet.  It is so yummy and the perfect warm drink to end the day.  I was drinking homemade decaf pumpkin spice lattes, but they (along with horrible allergies) really messed up my sleep, as in I wasn't sleeping.  So, I decided to try the same drink just without the coffee.  I'm hooked and sipping some right now :)
So, here's the recipe and how to.
Hot Pumpkin Spiced Milk**
In a microwave safe mug, plop in a couple spoonfuls of sweetened condensed milk, a couple spoonfuls of pureed or canned pumpkin, a few dashes of pumpkin pie spice, then fill the mug about half way full with milk.  Stir it all up.  Heat in the microwave until all warmed up to your liking (I like mine practically boiling). Then stir again and fill the mug the rest of the way with milk and reheat if necessary (I always do).  Sip carefully and enjoy!
**To make this dairy free, use vanilla almond milk and toss in a bit of sugar or cinnamon sugar in place of the sweetened condensed milk.

1 comment:

  1. I'm all about the pumpkin anything. I'll have to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails