Sunday, October 2, 2011

Cupcakes for 2

Oh my!  Pinterest has led to something too good!  Usually I pin so many different food things thinking maybe one day I'll try them.  I've got many many sweet treats pinned that most likely I won't ever make for the fear of eating it all by myself.  Recently though I found a Cupcakes for 2 pin and thought that that sounded pretty reasonable.  Last night I gave the recipe a shot...and doubled it :)  These cupcakes are super easy and fast.  What's great is that they can be made in one bowl with a spoon--nothing fancy needed!  Simple cooking and little cleaning, that's cooking I like.

I did make a little change to the recipe because I didn't want to waste any egg. Since I decided to double the recipe to make 4 cupcakes, I used a whole egg instead of just the egg white.  I also baked mine in silicone cups.  The other difference was that it took 2 minutes longer to bake than the time stated.  I just made sure to check them with a toothpick.


One Bowl Vanilla Cupcakes for Two
serves 2
1 egg white
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla (yes, a full teaspoon – they are super vanilla-y!)
1/4 cup flour
1/4 heaping teaspoon of baking powder
pinch of salt
1 1/2 tablespoons milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with 2 liners.
In a bowl, add egg white and sugar and whisk until combined. Add in vanilla and melted butter and stir until mixed. Add flour, baking powder and salt and stir until smooth. Stir in milk. Divide batter equally between the 2 cupcake liners.
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, or until cake is set. Let cool completely, then frost as desired.

Source
Just look at those beauties!  I know you want to make some too :)  Another great things about this simple recipe is that it's versatile.  Add chocolate, Nutella, nuts, fruit, etc--check out the original posting site for more ideas and icing recipes. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails