Friday, February 3, 2012

Weekly Menu

It's a rainy day here today (I'm grateful for it because it's been so long without any). I'm finding myself wanting soups and Mexican food and some good coffee :)  Ahh, comfort.  And a good book.  Heaven for sure.  Instead I've got a sleeping baby, a happy 3 year old, a mug of water, and my laptop.  Happy either way :)  So, to balance my current cravings with next week's schedule and nutrition, this is what I have.


Saturday--BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potato Skins, baked beans, salad
Sunday--Philly Steak and peppers and flat bread, quinoa (loosely based on this recipe) cook meat, onion, peppers together. serve with bread and/or quinoa, top with cheese or "cheese"
Monday--Black Bean Burgers, oven fries, salad
Tuesday--Chipotle Chocolate Chili (sub ground beef for turkey)
Wednesday--Caramelized Honey Dijon Chicken on salad greens with avocado, onions, bell pepper; rice
Thursday--Acorn squash, bacon, onions, garlic, arugula/spinach pasta
Friday--Taco pizza--refried beans, salsa, lettuce, avocado, cheese or "cheese"

Also, we did go to BRGR Kitchen and Bar last week.  It was fabulous and I've been mentally writing my post about our experience there and how wonderful and knowledgeable they were...now I just need to get it up here.  I promise, it will come.  In the meantime, if you need a great restaurant to eat it, definitely give it a try.  My son who regularly chooses NOT to eat burgers happily ate his and we all enjoyed the sweet potato tater tots.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails