Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Popcorn Lollipops

We go through a lot of popcorn here.  It's a quick, healthy, and gluten free snack.  So, as soon as I saw these over at Brown Paper Packages, I just knew I have to make them.  I mean, just look  at them
Need a close-up without the wrapper?

I thought so. :)
I checked out the recipe, and at first it looks good, but then I saw the Jello part.  A couple of nights ago a good friend shared a little tid-bit about Jello and gelatin.  Now I'm not so sure I want to eat that stuff.  (That and since I don't have a box to check, I'm not 100% sure it's gluten free.)  So, I think I'll make these cute treats more like Rice Krispie treats, but with popcorn and no color...unless I dye the marshmallows.  Hmmmm :)  Enjoy!







2 comments:

  1. You can definitely make these sans Jello! You can also use chocolate chips--peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips, white chocolate chips, etc. Just add them in after the marshmallows are melted. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't eat Jello for, I am sure, the same reason. Learned that little tidbit of info in my vegetarian days.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails